Build Your Future in Biotechnology
Our mission is to generate enthusiasm and practical knowledge by offering many opportunities for students to perform hands-on, learning activities in the lucrative field of biotechnology.
The programs vary from one-day workshops teaching basic biotechnology lab skills, week-long summer camps for junior high and high school students, and mini-research projects for high school and college students, to three-week lab series at high schools. These programs complement the curriculum taught in school science courses and challenge students to think, investigate, and solve problems.
We also provide professional development workshops for teachers and help college students find internship and job opportunities.
- Looking for a 2-year college pathway to lead you towards a lucrative career?
- Searching for a major that offers many different career options?
- A graduate of a 4-year science program in need of hands on training?
- Currently employed in the biotech industry and interested in expanding your skill set?
- Exploring new careers or changing fields?
- Interested in helping others, the environment, animals or to make an impact?
Our program offers:
- State-of-the-art facilities & equipment to provide learning environments that duplicate what you’ll find on the job
- Highly trained professionals and industry experts who will teach you how to find, get & keep a well-paying job in biotech
- Opportunities for internships and on-the-job training in as few as 3 classes
- Hands-on experience
- Professional skills
- High demand skills, such as PCR, Cell Culture and ELISA
- Access to job placement assistance & internship opportunities
For additional information, visit the Fullerton College Biotech website.
Explore Programs in Biotechnology
Frequently Asked Questions
- Associate in Science Degree – Biological Technician
- Certificate – Biotechnology Biomanufacturing Technician
- Certificate – Biotechnology Lab Assistant Skills
- Certificate – Biotechnology Laboratory Technician
The cost is $46 per unit. Non-resident tuition: $258 per unit PLUS enrollment fees (Non-Resident Tuition includes $19.00 Capital Outlay fee per Ed Code 76141).
Costs may vary; please visit website for more information: http://admissions.fullcoll.edu/fees-refunds/.
Associate degree or certificate completion depends on program unit requirements and
whether student is enrolled full-time or part-time.
For information on jobs in this industry sector and their median annual salaries visit: https://www.bls.gov/ooh/
- 1,000+ biotech & bioprocessing companies in Orange County alone
- 25 percent of all biotech positions in the state are employed in LA & Orange County
- The biotechnology industry is one of California’s most promising industries
- Strong projected growth & workers who earn salaries above the state’s average
- Many jobs haven’t been invented yet!
Entry level positions include:
- Research Assistant
- Laboratory Assistant/Technician
- Quality Control Technician
- Bioprocessing/Manufacturing Tech
- Production Technician
- Glass Sterilization/Washer Tech
- Health Technologist
- Food Safety Tech
- Forensic Science Technician
- And many more!
See our video: https://youtu.be/mjesfkaX5IU
Like what you’re learning?
Get Started Today!
Fullerton College offers a robust selection of programs, including over 140 Career and Technical Education options for anyone interested in advancing in a profession, or seeking training for new career opportunities. With guidance from seasoned instructors at Fullerton College, learn and engage in the college’s modern facilities, gain the skills and knowledge to succeed, and thrive in today’s
News & Events
Events & News
Student Success Stories
Fullerton College offers its students a comprehensive academic experience, in a real college setting.