Build Your Future in Manufacturing
Fullerton College offers a number of programs that prepare students to excel in exciting careers in the field of Manufacturing.
The Industrial Drafting Technology Program at Fullerton College provides students with a variety of classes that use computer software such as AutoCAD and Solidworks. Students will develop the skills to create computer-rendered drawings, blueprints and models for engineering and manufacturing industries. Courses include Solidworks, Advanced Solidworks, AutoCAD for Industry, Advanced AutoCAD for Industry, 3D Applications Using AutoCAD, Fundamentals of Drafting, Blueprint Reading for Manufacturing and Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing.
The Fullerton College Machine Technology Program is designed both for entry-level students and experienced craftspeople wanting to upgrade their skills. The up-to-date curriculum provides the current theoretical, technological, and practical experience necessary for employment and advancement in the industry, and features the following elements:
- Basic Machine Tool Set-up and Operation
- Theory and design of machine tools and machinery
- Properties of materials, including heat-treating
- Laboratory courses focused on the hands-on operation of machine tools
- Technical mathematics
- Layout and inspection
- Metrology (including basic precision measurement, CMM and Romer Arms)
- Blueprint reading and geometric dimensioning and tolerancing
- CNC setup, operation and programming
- CAD/CAM programming
The Welding Technology Program provides students with an understanding of the welding industry’s requirements for employment and helps them to acquire entry-level job skills. In addition to a strong background in theory, hands-on experience is emphasized. Instructors are certified by the American Welding Society (AWS) and state-of-the-art welding laboratory is registered to conduct testing for L.A. City Structural Welding Certification. Fullerton College has a complete program with an excellent range of high-tech equipment and instructional emphasis in FCAW, SMAW, GTAW, GMAW, and various cutting processes. We also offer a class in fabrication techniques and another that prepares students to become Certified Welding Inspectors (CWI).
Explore Programs in Manufacturing
Frequently Asked Questions
- Certificate – CNC Operator
- Certificate – Computer Numerical Control (CNC)
- Level 1 Certificate – Machine Technology
- Level 2 Certificate – Machine Technology
- Associate in Science Degree – Manufacturing Technology
- Certificate – Mastercam Skills
- Certificate – Surfcam Skills
- Certificate -Swiss Lathe
- Certificate – Conversational Programming Skills
- Level 1 Certificate – Industrial Drafting
- Level 2 Certificate – Industrial Drafting
- Associate in Science Degree – Industrial Drafting
The cost is $46 per unit. Non-resident tuition: $258 per unit PLUS enrollment fees (Non-Resident Tuition includes $19.00 Capital Outlay fee per Ed Code 76141).
Costs may vary; please visit website for more information: http://admissions.fullcoll.edu/fees-refunds/.
Associate degree or certificate completion depends on program unit requirements and whether student is enrolled full-time or part-time.
For information on jobs in this industry sector and their median annual salaries visit: https://www.bls.gov/ooh/
Career opportunities include:
- CAD Designer
- CAD Engineer
- CAD Draftsperson
- CAD Technician/Operator
- Machine Tool Set-up and Operator
- CNC-CAD/CAM Programmer
- Maintenance Machinist
- Structural welding
- General welding
- Small business ownership
- General manufacturing
Like what you’re learning?
Get Started Today!
Fullerton College offers a robust selection of programs, including over 140 Career and Technical Education options for anyone interested in advancing in a profession, or seeking training for new career opportunities. With guidance from seasoned instructors at Fullerton College, learn and engage in the college’s modern facilities, gain the skills and knowledge to succeed, and thrive in today’s
Student Success Stories
Fullerton College offers its students a comprehensive academic experience, in a real college setting.