Build Your Future in Child Development and Educational Studies
Program leads to the Child Development and Educational Studies Associate of Arts Degree (CDES AA), which prepares students for employment as teachers or teacher’s assistants in private preschools or children’s centers. This degree also prepares students majoring in CDES for transfer to a four year institution.
Upon completion of the program students will be able to:
- Know and understand the established as well as recent theories of child development.
- Recognize and challenge issues of bias that children, individuals and families experience.
- Analyze and think critically about the teacher’s comprehensive role in early learning and development settings.
- Recognize and evaluate the interrelationships of the child, family, school and greater community
- Design quality early childhood programs and curriculum.
Degrees & Certificates
Frequently Asked Questions
The cost is $46 per unit. Non-resident tuition: $258 per unit PLUS enrollment fees (Non-Resident Tuition includes $19.00 Capital Outlay fee per Ed Code 76141).
Costs may vary; please visit website for more information: http://admissions.fullcoll.edu/fees-refunds/.
Associate degree or certificate completion depends on program unit requirements and whether student is enrolled full-time or part-time.
For information on jobs in this industry sector and their median annual salaries visit: https://www.bls.gov/ooh/.
Average Salary: $23,580 – $47,280
• Teacher Assistant
• Lead Teacher
Employment of childcare workers is projected to grow 7 percent from 2016 to 2026, about as fast as the average for all occupations.
Parents who work will continue to need the assistance of childcare workers. In addition, the demand for preschools and childcare facilities, and consequently childcare workers, should remain strong because early childhood education is widely recognized as important for a child’s intellectual and emotional development.
However, the increasing cost of childcare and the growth in the number of stay-at-home parents may reduce demand for childcare workers.
Average Salary in this Field
$47,280 Per Year
Careers in this Field
Like what you're learning?