Build Your Future as an Engine Performance Specialist
The Engine Performance Specialist Certificate is designed to prepare students for entry-level employment as an engine performance and drivability technician. Specific expected student learning outcomes are the following:
- Identify and practice safe work habits when using tools and equipment in an automotive repair shop.
- Inspect, identify, and repair vehicle malfunctions following manufacturer specifications and procedures.
- Perform a wide array of preventative maintenance, service, diagnosis, and repair procedures related to engine performance and drivability.
- Using a vehicle repair order, explain and record vehicle inspection and repair procedures performed in compliance with automotive industry standards.
Degrees & Certificates
Frequently Asked Questions
The cost is $46 per unit. Non-resident tuition: $258 per unit PLUS enrollment fees (Non-Resident Tuition includes $19.00 Capital Outlay fee per Ed Code 76141).
Costs may vary; please visit website for more information: http://admissions.fullcoll.edu/fees-refunds/.
Associate degree or certificate completion depends on program unit requirements and whether student is enrolled full time or part time.
For information on jobs in this industry sector and their median annual salaries visit: https://www.bls.gov/ooh/.
Average Salary: $24,860 – $73,360
• Automotive Specialist Technician
• Automotive Parts Sales
• Automotive Body and Related Repairers
• Automotive Sales Representative
• Automotive Master Mechanic
Employment of automotive service technicians and mechanics is projected to grow 6 percent from 2016 to 2026, about as fast as the average for all occupations.
The number of vehicles in use is expected to continue to rise. More entry-level service technicians will be needed to perform basic maintenance and repair, such as replacing brake pads and changing oil, on these vehicles. New technologies, however, such as electric vehicles, may limit future demand for automotive service technicians and mechanics because these vehicles will be more reliable and thus require less frequent maintenance and repair.
Average Salary in this Field
$73,360 Per Year
Careers in this Field
Automotive Specialist Technician
Automotive Master Mechanic
Like what you're learning?